October 2022 Niche Site Summary
The Spam Update got me good – got me real good.
So far, I’ve been seeing a progression eerily similar to the May Core Update. I lost 100% of all featured snippets one day, followed by a traffic drop of 70-80% the next.
Hundreds of keywords in the top 3 SERPs have once again vanished over night.
The timing could not be more disappointing – just as Q4 ad spend is picking up and site EPMVs are pushing $50.
For now my strategy is to simply let the dust settle and keep on posting.
It took exactly 60 days to fully recover from the May Core Update…here’s to hoping for another speedy recovery.
In better news, I was able to determine that the Table Of Contents (TOC) plugin I was using was the source of my mobile Core Web Vitals issues.
Following the fix, my mobile score now sits at 81 and is continuing to climb.
Becoming a dad has been the best distraction from a Google algo smack down a guy could ask for.
Below are the details of my current arrangement with Ezoic. Others have similar, if not identical arrangements. Do your own due diligence.
1. Ezoic whitelisted premium ad demand (this allows my site to get connected with a few ad partners that are normally for sites at higher Ezoic levels).
2. Support with ad placement and Leap configuration.
3. Additional financial incentive, paid monthly so long as my traffic continues to grow month-over-month.
4. Additional financial incentive, paid monthly to continue to share my earning results and experiences (the good, the bad, the ugly).
5. Agreement to continue with Ezoic for a minimum of 6 months so long as ePMV shows month over month improvement in correspondence with the Ad Revenue Index.
From September (59,871) to October (44,219) the site had a 26.14% decrease in pageviews.
Google Analytics – October 2022
- Users: 34,543
- Sessions: 39,895
- Avg. Session Duration: 00:53
- Pageviews: 44,219
- Avg. Time on Page: 8:00
Google Search Console – October 2022
- Total Clicks: 35,600
- Total Impressions: 479,000
- Avg. CTR: 7.4%
- Average Position: 12.5
Ezoic Display Ad Earnings – October 2022
- Total Ad Earnings: $1988.86
- ePMV: $47.15
Discipline = Freedom
Always Be Publishing #ABP!